A simple White Sauce Pasta Recipe without Maida
Italian food is one of the easiest to cook, yet the simplest to screw-up; unless you have all the base material ready. Pasta and Pizza have made a giant room in our hearts and appetite as Italian food. These two dishes have become so popular that every other restaurant in the city has either of two on the menu. Although, the recipe and taste may not be as significant as it must be; nonetheless, it’s loved by everyone. This recipe of white sauce pasta may not deliver restaurant-like taste, but, it will surely be delicious.
Ordering a pasta dish in the restaurant is considerable; but; as a takeaway or a delivery at the doorsteps seem a pure waste. Why? Well, first of all, pasta is one of those dishes which are supposed to consume when hot. Secondly, pasta in a container often gets dry and sticky.
So, instead why not cook it yourself with a recipe consisting of simple ingredients. This recipe features everyday ingredients to make the white sauce without maida (flour) as an ingredient of the sauce. So, let’s start with the ingredients.
Servings: 2 People
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 100 gms Pasta – Of your choice
- 100 gms Assorted Diced Vegetables – Of your choice
- 4 cloves Garlic – Chopped
- 50 ml Oil
- 150 gms Butter
- 100 ml Milk
- 100 gms Cheese – Shredded
- 2 tbsp Oregano
- 2 tbsp Chilli Flakes
- Salt – As per taste
- Black pepper – As per taste
Now that all the ingredients are ready, let’s start with the method. This recipe includes two sections; the first one – How to cook pasta. And, the second one is the recipe to cook the white sauce for pasta.
How to Cook Pasta:
You can select any pasta of your choice. In this recipe, I have used Fusilli.
- Take some water in a pot and put it on heat.
- Add a sprinkle of sea salt to the water and let the water boil.
- When the water is boiling, add the pasta of your choice.
- Occasionally stir the pasta in the pot and make sure that there is enough water for the pasta to cook.
- When the pasta is cooked, strain the pasta broth and pour some cold water on the pasta.
- Drizzle 1 tbsp oil on pasta and mix it well with a long spoon. The oil ensures that pasta doesn’t get stuck to each other while resting. Now, let’s get to the sauce.
Method to Prepare White Sauce for Pasta without maida:
- Take a flat pan or a skillet and place it on medium heat.
- When the pan starts to heat up, pour the remaining 45 ml oil.
- When the oil is warm, add about 150 gms of butter and mix it well with the oil. Spread the mixture evenly on the entire pan for greasing.
- Add chopped garlic and sauté it in the butter and oil until golden brown.
- Add diced vegetables and allow them to cook in the butter sauce.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, it’s time to season with oregano and chilli flakes.
- To ensure that the flavours of oregano and chilli flakes are embedded nicely onto the vegetables; occasionally.
- Pour all the milk into the pan and mix it well with all the veggies.
- Keep the heat constant on medium flame and all the milk to simmer.
- Once the milk starts simmering, add pasta to the semi-ready white sauce.
- Mix the pasta well.
- Now, allow the sauce to reduce while occasionally giving a stir.
- Sprinkle some black pepper (optional).
- Once, the milk starts reducing, put about 50 gms of shredded cheese to give the sauce a rich and creamy texture.
- Add salt as per your taste. Always add salt at the last ingredient. This allows serving its purpose, magnifying all the flavours.
- Now let the sauce reduce. Make sure, the pasta is submerged in the reduction.
- Once, milk is reduced to your desired consistency, turn off the heat and stir the almost-ready to serve dish a couple of times in all the directions to ensure the texture of the sauce.
- Turn off the heat. Put a lid on the pan and allow your white sauce pasta to rest for a minute or two.
Voila! Your home-cooked pasta is ready to serve. Garnish the plate with remaining shredded cheese.
Take your date with some home-cooked white sauce pasta and red wine on a complete ecstasy; because home-cooked food is love, but, self-cooked food has all the emotions.
“You can lie to anyone in this world, even yourself; but, you can never lie to a plate of food cooked by you. Those are pure emotions; it’s not necessary to be love, but, they are all the correct emotions.”
With this said I end this recipe here and allow you guys to get going with it. Do comment your experience and let me know your additions to this recipe in the comments below.
P.S. Photos of the ready dish are sharable in the comments.