Chocolate cake is a mouthwatering combination of rich cocoa flavors and moist tender crumbs. The beloved dessert needs no introduction. The name itself is enough to make us drool. A chocolate cake recipe which has the perfect balance of sweetness & chocolatey goodness delights taste buds of all ages.
From birthdays to anniversaries or any other celebration, a rich chocolate cake remains a timeless classic, even when enjoyed with a cup of afternoon coffee. Thanks to the irresistible aroma and insatiable taste, chocolate cake continues to remain a delectable treat forever.
However, sometimes it’s not possible to get a chocolate cake piece on your plate anytime you want. It may be because of your location, pocket, availability option, or any other reason. In low moments like these, how’d you feel if you knew a quick hack to bake a chocolate cake at home? That too, all by yourself with all the basic ingredients. Well, here’s a quick step-by-step easy chocolate cake recipe to master the art of baking a chocolate cake at home. This way, you can enjoy and satisfy your sweet cravings and make any moment feel extra special.
Ingredients You Need for a Chocolate Cake (Serves 6)
- 250 gm all-purpose flour
- 4 beaten eggs OR 16 tablespoons of buttermilk or plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 250 gm powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 cup butter
- Chopped nuts (almonds, walnuts, raisins, etc) or choco chips (Optional)
Other recipe you might like: White Sauce Pasta Recipe without Maida
Easy Step-By-Step Chocolate Cake Recipe
Step 1: Mixing Dry Ingredients
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease your cake tin with butter and baking paper.
- Take 250 gm of all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, and 1 teaspoon of baking powder together in a separate bowl.
- Mix them well together
Step 2: Mixing Wet Ingredients
- Take out a different glass bowl and pour 250 gm of powdered sugar and 1 cup butter.
- Beat them together until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Thereafter, beat two eggs at a time followed by two minutes of rest before beating the other half.
- OR Mix 16 tablespoons of buttermilk or plain yogurt into the mixture.
- Add the nuts or choco chips at this step (If any).
- Carefully mix the batter well until it feels soft and creamy. Also, make sure that the sugar is dissolved well.
Step 3: Mixing Dry and Wet Ingredients Together
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Bake the cake batter until it feels thick and smooth.
You can also taste the batter and check the ideal amount of sugar.
- Pour the batter into the butter-coated tin and bake it for 35 to 40 minutes.
Step 4: Give it a Check
- You can check if the cake is baked and ready by poking a toothpick.
- If it comes out clean, then the cake is baked.
- If not, then bake it for another 5-10 minutes. Thereafter, check again.
- Now, transfer the cake and allow it to cool completely.
Step 5: Eat the Cake!
- You do not need any instructions for this, do you?
Tips and Tricks:
- If your batter is too thick, add in the milk little by little.
- If your batter is too thin, add a little extra powdered sugar and cocoa powder, little by little.
- If your batter is too sweet, sprinkle a little salt or salted butter.
- You can garnish the cake with whipped cream to give an extra burst of flavor.
- Add grated chocolate to double the taste.
- Adorn the chocolate cake with cherries and sprinklers.
- Simply serve the slice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
We hope you enjoy your baking day! Do let us know about your chocolate cake.